Saturday, October 2, 2021

Isandlwana - a Small Update

 


Prone Zulus, taking cover from the British fire...


Casualty Markers


Zulu bases, in progress...


amaTutshane

A few things to report for this update. I've been snipping out figures for both the British and Zulus at a good rate, the casualties and prone figures shown being the easiest to do. The combatants are being worked on, but are not based yet.

The bases for the Zulus are going to be 120mm rounds which I have cut from corrugated cardboard. Being a bit paranoid about them warping I have been trying various things and recently realized that I needed to paper mache them to cover edges where the corrugated cardboard shows.

I've also been working on a couple of larger square or rectangular tents for the camp but not found a design I like yet.

I decided that my version of amaTutshane was too tall in relation to my version of Isandlwana itself so I have cut it down and trying to get the approximate shape right with paper mache. By my estimation it needs to be about 1/4 the height of Isandlwana

No comments:

Post a Comment